If you love delicious comfort food, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, then this is the recipe for you! This chicken pot pie is made entirely in an Instant Pot, which means you get dinner on the table fast.
For the Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry dough thawed
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 3/4 cups broth from Pressure Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Pressure Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken chopped skinned and boned
- 2 ounces cream cheese 1/3-less-fat
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
For the Rotisserie-Style Chicken
- 1 whole frying chicken 3 1/2 – 3 3/4 pound
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5-ounce can
For the Crisp-Cut Chicken Pot Pie
- Cook the Rotisserie-Style Chicken prior to cooking the Chicken Pot Pie (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place 1 sheet of pastry dough on a work surface lightly dusted with flour.
- Cut the dough with a 4-inch round cutter into 3 rounds (about 1 1/4 ounces each).
- Gently roll each round into a 6-inch circle.
- Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
- Repeat procedure with remaining puff pastry.
- Remove the lid from a 6-quart Instant Pot. Press Sauté. When the word “Hot” appears, swirl in oil. Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Gradually whisk 1⁄4 cup of the broth into flour in a medium bowl. Whisk in remaining broth. Add broth mixture to vegetables, scraping pot to loosen brown bits.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Cook at High Pressure 2 minutes. When time is up, open the lid using Quick Pressure Release.
- Add chicken; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated. Turn cooker off. Remove inner pot from cooker.
- Add cream cheese to chicken mixture, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in parsley and remaining ingredients. Serve with pastry.
To Cook the Rotisserie-Style Chicken
- Rinse chicken, and pat excess moisture with paper towels. Combine Greek seasoning and next 3 ingredients (through Italian seasoning) in a small bowl. Rub seasoning over entire chicken and inside body cavity.
- Remove the lid of a 6-quart Instant Pot. Press Sauté. When the word “Hot” appears, swirl in oil.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in pot. Cook 5 minutes to brown. Turn chicken over, and cook 2 minutes. Pour chicken broth around chicken to avoid washing off the herb mixture.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Cook at High Pressure 25 minutes. Turn cooker off.
- Open cooker using Natural Pressure Release. Remove chicken from pot. Let stand 10 minutes before carving. If desired, you may remove skin and bones and chop chicken for another use.
Recipe Credit: Time Inc.