Dishes!? I hate washing them like everybody else, but I also like eating so you can see what kind of problem I have here! Luckily one pot cooking is real and this chili is real good!
Simple no frills chili with warm and buttery corn bread cooked right on top! All cooked in the same pan making your after meal relaxing an absolute breeze! You’ll be on the couch in no time!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground Lean Beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup corn
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, heat the oil for 1 minute. Add the ground beef, onion, peppers, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook until browned and crumbled. Stir in the rest of the chili ingredients, then reduce to medium-low heat. Cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Also meanwhile, whisk all of the cornbread ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Remove the chili from heat and spread the cornbread batter on top.Bake for 30 minutes or until the cornbread is golden on top and cooked through. Serve warm.