Soups are a big cold weather staple in my house, and this Creamy Tortellini Soup is a must!
Between the balance of veggies and scrumptiously cheesy tortellini, this creamy dish will warm you from the inside out!
- 1 pound ground pork, browned
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch + 1/4 cup water mixed
- 2 cups half and half
- 12 ounce package three-cheese tortellini
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup milk
- Place the browned pork, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, chicken bouillon powder, salt, and broth in the slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Uncover and skim any fat that is sitting on the top of the soup. Stir in the cornstarch mixture with the half and half. Add the tortellini and mix. Cover again and cook on HIGH heat setting for a further 45 minutes .
- Add in the spinach, pressing the leaves down to completely submerse into the liquid. Cover again for 10 minutes until the leaves have wilted.
- Pour in milk and season with salt and pepper.