No need to search through numerous boxes of cereal anymore to get those tasty little marshmallow treats, instead, you can make them on your own! You can choose the color, the shape, and the size….decision is completely yours!
- 8 ounce mini marshmallows
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- food coloring
- Place marshmallows in a medium bowl along with 4 Tbsp of water.
- Microwave the marshmallows for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir until all marshmallows are melted.
- Transfer 1/4 of mixture to the bowl of a countertop mixer with the dough hook attached.
- Add 4 ounces of sifted powdered sugar and 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening.
- Add several drops of desired food coloring.
- Set mixer to medium-high until well combined.
- Turn marshmallow mixture out onto countertop and continue kneading by hand until the mixture reaches a uniform color and is no longer sticky.
- Roll marshmallow out until about 1/2″ thick. Cut desired shapes.
- Repeat process 3 more times with different colors.
Here’s a new recipe to try when it comes to pickling….Avocado pickles! Not only are avocado’s a super food, but they’re absolutely delicious on fresh made sandwiches. Give the recipe a try today and rest assure they will stay nice and fresh in your refrigerator up to 1 month. Enjoy!
- 4 firm avocados
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon whole yellow mustard seeds
- 1 cup of water
- In a medium pot combine together water, vinegar, mustard seeds, salt, sugar, peppercorns, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar and salt dissolves, then remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Peel and slice avacados, then place into a large mason jar.
- Fill jar with cooled mixture and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 1 month.
Kraft macaroni & cheese, hot dog, PIZZA! That’s right – we’ve taken two of almost every child’s favorite dishes and merged it together to make one epic pizza! The ultimate comfort meal. Give it a try tonight!
Your picky eater won’t stand a chance against this pizza!
- 1 box Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
- pre-baked pizza crust
- 4 hot dogs cut into slices
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare boxed Kraft Macaroni & Cheese with cheese. Set aside
- Spread ketchup on the crust to act as the pizza sauce.
- Brush the crust with olive oil.
- Pour prepared macaroni and cheese over top of the pizza.
- Top with sliced hot dogs.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and then bake for 10 -12 minutes.
- Crust should be golden brown and cheese melted. Enjoy!
Trying to figure out what to make for a lazy Saturday night in? These reuben sandwich sliders are just the thing you’ve been looking for! Quick, delicious, and an easy clean up makes this recipe a staple in my cookbook.
These would also make a great snack for a get together with friends one night!
- 12 slider buns
- 8 oz sliced swiss cheese
- 8oz corned beef thinly sliced
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- ⅓ cup thousand island dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the buns in half separating the top and bottom buns, but do not separate the buns into individual buns. Place onto a sprayed baking sheet. .
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and dried minced onion. Set aside.
- Spread thousand island dressing on the bottom buns, and then top with cheese, corned beef, sauerkraut, and more cheese.
- Place on the top half of the buns, and then brush the butter mixture overtop.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
If you’re a chocolate lover then you are going to love this Triple Chocolate Beef Bean Chili! I had to do a double take myself when I looked over this recipe, but after I tried it, I fell in love instantly! Give it a try today…you’ll be glad you did!
- 1⁄2 lb. dried pinto beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 chipotle chiles
- 1 dried ancho chile
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb. boneless beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1″ cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (15-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12-oz.) chocolate stout beer (use guinness)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- Sour cream and roughly chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Put beans and bay leaf into a large pot and cover with 3″ water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, and stirring occasionally, until beans are tender, 60-90 minutes. Drain beans, discarding bay leaf; set aside.
- Heat a 6-qt. pot over medium-high heat. Add chiles, and cook, turning once, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover with 2 cups boiling water; let sit 20 minutes. Drain chiles, reserving ½ cup soaking liquid; transfer chiles and liquid to a blender with cocoa, oregano, cumin, paprika, and cinnamon and puree until smooth. Set sauce aside.
- Add oil to pan and return to medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper and, working in batches, add beef to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, 4–6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a bowl. Add garlic and onions to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Add tomato paste; cook, stirring until slightly caramelized, about 2 minutes. Add reserved sauce, cook until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Return beef to pot, plus tomatoes, beer, sugar, and stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until beef is very tender, 1-1 ½ hours. Stir in reserved beans, along with chocolate, juice, salt, and pepper. Serve ladle into bowls with sour cream and cilantro.
Are your weeknights packed with meetings and activities, and the last thing you want to have to worry about is what to make for dinner? Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is the perfect recipe to have on the menu during the week. Just fill your slow cooker with the correct ingredients and 2 hours later you’ll have yourself a delicious dinner the whole family will enjoy!
- 2lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place chicken into the slow cooker.
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey, hoisin, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and scallions.
- Pour the mixture onto the chicken and coat thoroughly.
- Cook chicken on low for approximately 2-3 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and allow the breasts to sit for several minutes before shredding.
- Remove a few tablespoons from the liquid and stir in the cornstarch until smooth. Gentle add this mixture back into the remaining liquid and blend until thickened.
- Toss the shredded chicken into the thickened mixture to coat with sauce.
- Serve and garnish with sesame seeds.
Are you getting bored of the same old recipes, and interested in trying something new? Look no further! Chicken Pot Pie Pizza delivers the same great taste we all know and love, but also gives it a new spin adding pizza into the mix! Try it today!
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 10 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 5 ounces rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, placing a 12-inch cast-iron pan in while it preheats.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon of oil, then cook the onion until slightly soft. Add in the carrot, celery, and peas, cooking another minute, then empty the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Returning the pan to the heat, stir together the flour and 1 tablespoon oil, cooking about 30 seconds, whisking constantly. Add in chicken stock slowly, continuing to stir. Bring up to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, making sure to whisk frequently until the mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll dough out into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured flat surface. Working very carefully, place the dough into the preheated pan, flattening it out to cover the bottom. Bake about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, then remove from oven.
- Turn the heat in the oven to broil.
- Spread ½ cup of the stock mixture on the pizza crust evenly, then add onion mixture, chicken, and cheese. Place back in the oven until cheese has melted, about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, then drizzle pizza with remaining stock mixture. Garnish with thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Get ready for the most delicious breakfast recipe…ever! This Maple French Toast Casserole will get you excited about the first – and most important – meal of the day. Not only is it super tasty, but you cook the whole thing in your Instant Pot. Just set it and forget it and let this handy kitchen gadget do all the hard work for you!
- Cooking Spray
- 12 slices sandwich bread cut into 1 inch pieces, can use gluten free bread
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg grated
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves ground
- 2 cups milk reduced fat 2%
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Coat the inner pot of the Instant Pot with cooking spray.
- Place cubed bread in the pot
- Combine eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour milk mixture over bread in the pot, pressing gently with a spoon to coat all bread pieces.
- Tear off a 10 1/2 inch long piece of alluminum foil; lay foil on top of inner pot, gently smoothing it down the side of the pot. trim pointed corners even with rest of the foil, and tightly tuck it under the rim
- Cut 2 (1 1/4 inch long) slit in the foil about one inch from the edge with a thin sharp knife. Cut a second slit parallel to and about 1 inch to the inside of the first. Repeat this procedure 3 times, creating 2 concentric slits in foil at intervals of 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.
- Set inner pot inside cooker. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn steam release handle to Venting. Select the Slow Cook function and adjust time to 90 minutes cooking time.
- Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Recipe Credit: Time Inc.
Can dinner get any easier than this? I don’t think so! This Cheddar Fontina Penne is going to be your new go-to weekday meal when you’re just too tired and busy to make anything. Not only is this recipe quick and easy, but it’s delicious and will please your whole family, so grab your Instant Pot and get ready to make some dinner magic!
- 1 1/3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 3/4 cups Water
- 1 package multigrain penne 14.5-ounces
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk low fat
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper ground
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese shredded,about 3/4 cup
- 3 ounces fontina cheese shredded, about 3⁄4 cup
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup scallions finely chopped
- Remove lid from a 6-quart Instant Pot. Press [Sauté]; use [Adjust] to select “Normal” mode. When the word “Hot” appears, swirl in 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add panko; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until golden brown. Turn cooker off. Remove panko from inner pot; set aside. Wipe inner pot with a paper towel.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of the water and pasta to cooker. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Press [Manual]; select “High Pressure,” and use [-] or [+] to choose 3 minutes pressure cooking time. Open the cooker using Quick Pressure Release.
- Remove pasta with a slotted spoon; place in a medium bowl. Add milk, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and red pepper to cooking liquid. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and flour in a small bowl; gradually add to milk mixture, stirring with a whisk.
- With lid off, press [Sauté], and use [Adjust] to select “More” mode. Bring to a boil; cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Turn cooker off.
- Add cheeses, stirring until cheeses melt. Stir in cooked pasta, tossing gently to coat.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1/3 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add tomatoes; sauté 2 minutes or until soft.
- Top pasta mixture with tomatoes and scallions; sprinkle with panko.
- Note: For a smooth sauce, be sure to combine the flour and water before adding it to the pot.
Recipe Credit: Time Inc.
These ribs are so, so yummy! They’re the perfect dinner to make when you’re short on time, but don’t want to sacrifice any delicious flavor. These Sticky & Sweet Sriracha Ribs were made in an Instant Pot and they only had to cook for 35 minutes! They come out perfectly tender, juicy, and the meat just falls off the bone. YUM!
Buy your own Instant Pot HERE with the coupon code SHAREDFOOD.
- 1/2 cup White vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika preferably smoked
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 4 pounds baby back ribs cut into individual ribs
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- Insert the steam rack into the Instant Pot and add the vinegar.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper to make the rub.
- Put the ribs into a large bowl, sprinkle with the rub, and toss to coat evenly. Stack the ribs on the steam rack.
- Lock the lid. Press Manual and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Use the “Quick Release” method to vent the steam, then open the lid.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and transfer the ribs to it. Remove the steam rack from the Instant Pot.
- Press Cancel, then press Sauté. Whisk the jam and sriracha into the sauce, and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Skim off and discard as much fat as you can from the sauce.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon half of the sauce over the ribs. Broil until slightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the ribs, spoon over the remaining sauce, and broil 2 to 3 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Recipe Credit: Sara Quessenberry and Kate Merker by Instant Pot
This recipe is definitely a winner! I hate to admit it, but I might actually like it more than the traditional pot pie I grew up on (don’t tell my Mom!). The Tater Tot crust is so delicious and full of flavor, and the whole meal is super quick and easy to make. Serve this for dinner tonight and your whole family will be begging for seconds.
- 2 cups mixed veggies
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mixed veggies, soup, milk, onion, and spices, then spread evenly into a baking dish or cast-iron skillet.
- Cover the mixture with a layer or tater tots.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is hot and bubbly, and the tater tots are cooked through and golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes, then serve. Enjoy!
Cauliflower is so versatile! You can eat it raw, roast it, puree it, add it to soup, casseroles and pasta…it’s basically the perfect vegetable.
If you’re looking for a lighter meal option, these Spice Rubbed Cauliflower Steaks are exactly what you need to be making. Not only are the packed with flavor, but they’re quick and simple to make. Throw them in the Instant Pot and they’re done in 5 minutes! Easy peasy!
Get your Instant Pot HERE with the Coupon Code SHAREDFOOD
- 1 large head cauliflower about 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 lemon quartered
- Insert the steam rack into the Instant Pot. Add 1 1⁄2 cups water.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and trim the core so the cauliflower sits flat. Place on the steam rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, cumin, and salt. Drizzle over the cauliflower and rub to coat.
- Lock the lid. Press [Manual] and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Use the “Quick Release” method to vent the steam, then open the lid.
- Lift the cauliflower onto a cutting board and slice into 1-inch-thick (2.5 cm) steaks. Divide among plates and sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Serve with the lemon quarters. Enjoy!
Recipe credit: Sara Quessenberry and Kate Merker by Instant Pot
Sometimes the most unexpected combinations can make for the most delicious recipes. As it turns out, Cheetos and turkey go together perfectly! The Cheetos make the perfect crunchy, crispy crust with just the right amount of heat. Are you brave enough to try this?
- 1 bag Flaming hot cheetos
- 4 Turkey legs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pickle brine
- 1 head garlic, smashed
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt, separated
- 2-3 turns with a pepper grinder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Mix buttermilk, pickle brine, garlic and 3 tablespoons kosher salt in a large bowl. Add Turkey and stir to coat.
- Cover and let Turkey brine in the fridge for at least 2-4 hours to overnight. Remove Turkey from fridge, and as it comes to room temperature prepare your coating.
- Place Hot Cheetos into a food processor and pulse until there are no chunks left.
- Mix together the flour, Hot Cheeto dust, 3 tablespoons kosher salt, paprika, cayenne and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan with high sides. Place a thermometer on the side of your pan so you can keep the oil temperature around 375 degrees.
- When your oil is heated, take the turkey piece by piece from the brine and dredge it in the flour mixture.
- Fry each piece until golden brown, usually between 14-16 minutes per side, depending on the size of the Turkey pieces, taking care not to crowd the pan while frying. Let cool on a wire rack.
Michelle Obama may no longer be the First Lady of the United States, but she’s still making headlines for her work as a philanthropist and advocate for social issues like children’s health and gender equality.
However, when she’s not busy delivering speeches and attending fundraisers, she’s in her kitchen cooking up a storm. Her best dish? Apple Cobbler.
Over the years, the former FLOTUS has perfected her recipe for the classic dessert, which was first shared in Yankee Magazine.
“I’ve been making this cobbler for a long time, so I usually just eyeball how much needs to go in,” said Obama. “People might want more or less sugar, but this is how our family and friends like it. This recipe makes one cobbler, which is like a double pie.”
Although the final result differs slightly from the traditional cobbler, which usually has a biscuit topping, this recipe is delicious enough to disguise itself as one.
The recipe calls for sliced Granny Smith apples tossed in a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. If you’re already thinking of whipping this dessert up, keep in mind that Obama recommends letting the seasoned apples sit in the fridge overnight so the spices can get into the fruit.
The rest of the recipe requires a little bit of patience because it involves a few layers, but once you make it past that step, you’re golden.
Grab your apron, mixing bowls and rolling pin and get started on the recipe.
This is a meal everyone in your family will love! This Chicken, Shrimp and Vegetable Gumbo is full of flavor and is so easy to make.
This entire recipe is made in an Instant Pot. If you haven’t heard of these nifty kitchen gadgets, you need to get one…they will seriously change your life. They are basically pressure cookies, but on steroids! You can use it as a slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, or even a saute pan.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes undrained,14.5-ounce cans
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 pound okra cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. With lid off a 6-quart Instant Pot, press [Sauté], and use [Adjust] to select “Normal” mode.
- Combine flour and oil in cooker; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a flat spatula until dark brown.
- Add bell pepper,onion, celery, and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 3 cups water, Old Bay, garlic powder, salt, tomatoes, chicken, and bay leaves . Turn cooker off.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Press [Manual]; select “High Pressure,” and use [-] or [+] to choose 23 minutes pressure cooking time. When time is up, turn cooker off. Open the cooker using Natural Pressure Release.
- Stir in hot sauce and okra. Press [Sauté], and use [Adjust] to select “More” mode. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes or until done and okra is tender. Remove and discard bay leaves.
Recipe Source: Time Inc.