Viva puffs are my all time favorite cookies, so I wanted to make them at home! From scratch! I know sounds daunting but in reality pretty easy!
Pretty much all you need is a crunchy cookie base and maraschino cherry and of course airy marshmallow! In this case I used fluff! Cover everything in a thin layer of chocolate and BOOM! Cherry Bomb Cookies!
- 12 Maraschino cherries
- 1 tub Marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat together butter and sugar with mixer for 3 minutes; add egg and vanilla and beat until combined; add flour and salt, mix on low until a soft dough is formed. Cut dough in half, form into tubes. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly flour work area, using knife cut as many cookies as possible. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, Bake cookies for 18 minutes at 350 degrees. Rest on cooling rack until fully cooled.
- Place maraschino cherry in center of each cookie, pipe fluff to cover cherry completely. Place cookies in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Melt chocolate in microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring in between until smooth, then cool slightly and pour over each cookie. Let chocolate set for 30 minutes.