You’ve showered, your hair is styled, makeup is on, and the perfect outfit is picked out! You’re just about to walk out the door and then BAM! You look in the mirror and all you can see is white deodorant stains on your perfect black dress. Don’t stress…….we got a hack for that and so many other simple solutions!
- Put your jeans in a plastic bag and stick them in the freezer at night to remove bad odours. The freezer will kill most of the odour-causing bacteria, and you don’t have to worry about the dye in your denim fading from overzealous washing.
- Remove deodorant marks with your jeans. Rubbing the spot with a pair of light-wash jeans.
- Spray a small amount of vodka on your clothes to eliminate strong odours. If you don’t have time to wash a shirt before wearing it again but it has a strong, lingering smell, just spray on some vodka and let it dry. The alcohol will kill odour-causing bacteria.
- Fix foundation stains with a little bit of shaving cream. If you take off your shirt and accidentally smudge your makeup on the collar, just wipe a dollop of shaving cream on the spot to pretreat it before tossing it in the wash.
- Use hairspray to remove a lipstick stain. Spray the fabric (make sure it’s not dry-clean only) with hairspray, and let it sit for a few minutes. Dab the stain, and then toss it in the washer.
- Fix underwire that’s poking out of your bra with a patch of adhesive moleskin.
- Paint clear nail polish over a loose button thread to temporarily stop it from unraveling. No need to learn how to sew on a button just yet.
- Remove red wine stains with white wine. Soak the spot in white wine for a few minutes to pretreat the stain before washing.