There’s nothing like a big bowl of Lucky Charms cereal to remind me of being a kid again. There is just something about having colorful marshmallows for breakfast that gets me excited, although it could just be the sugar rush. Anyway, great news for all the Lucky Charms loving adults, we have CAKE!
This amazingly easy Lucky Charms Cheesecake pairs a classic dessert with one my secret favorite breakfast treats. Whip this up just in time for St Patrick’s day and enjoy this magically delicious treat!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 7 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 (10 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 5 Tbsp butter
- Pinch salt
FOR THE CHEESECAKE & TOPPING:
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Additional whipped cream and cereal marshmallows for garnish
- Lightly grease a 9″ round springform pan and set aside.
- Add Lucky Charms into a large bowl.
- Melt the marshmallows, butter and salt together over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and add the hot marshmallow mixture to the cereal and coat completely. Pour the coated cereal in the greased pan and pack and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Add in the marshmallow fluff until combined, and then fold in the Cool Whip. Spread the marshmallow cheesecake mixture into the crust smoothing an even layer.Refrigerate until set.
- To serve, decorate with some added cool whip and garnish with a few ‘Lucky Charm’s!