Every party needs cake, no matter what kind of party it is. Personally this would be perfect for tea time or coffee! Then again pumpkin fanatics will love this for any occasion!
With a box cake mix as the base for this super easy autumn delight, all you need to do is add a few ingredients to transform a cake mix to an original creation! Warm pumpkin spices and crunchy nuts will keep you coming back for another bite!
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and spices until smooth. Spread evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Coat the top evenly with the boxed cake mix, then top with the chopped pecans. Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for around 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and the pumpkin filling is set. Serve warm or chilled in the fridge with ice cream or any other desired toppings. Enjoy!