If you like apples, you will absolutely adore this dessert casserole! This Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole is ridiculously easy to make, and is a layered treat that’s made to impress.
Use canned cinnamon rolls as your base, then get layering from there! The apple pie filling makes the perfect compliment to the cinnamon, and don’t forget to top it all off with caramel sauce. Anybody who gives this a try won’t be able to get enough!
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls + icing that comes with packages
- 4 large apples, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup sugar1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅓ cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cut cinnamon rolls in half so they split into two full circles. Dust fingers lightly with flour. Press out cinnamon rolls with your fingers until thin, then arrange in a layer in the bottom of your baking dish, pushing cinnamon rolls up the sides slightly. Press rolls into each other to seal together. with your hands to seal them well.
- Evenly spread half the apple filling, plus some caramel drizzle on top of cinnamon roll layer. Repeat with another layer of flattened cinnamon rolls, then repeat with the remainder of apple filling and more caramel sauce. Finish with one last layer of cinnamon rolls.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Cool 30 minutes, then drizzle on icing that came with cinnamon roll tubes. Slice casserole into servings and enjoy!